My favorite picture from Easter

My favorite picture from Easter
Bunnies aren't the only ones who drop eggs.

Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June 9, 2010

The house is so quiet it is almost deafening. Reese and Grant are on vacation in Arkansas with my parents. I am praying for the sanity of my mom and dad ;-) They are searching for diamonds at Crater of Diamonds State Park. My son promised me that he'd find one for me. My daughter on the other hand says she is going to find one and "sell it for a hundred thousand million dollars." I wished her luck with that and wondered if I should tell her that her plan is impossible, but isn't that the best part about being a child? It's all just like a fairy tale and I'll let her figure it out on her own.
Speaking of Reese, she is definitely not a five year old in spirit. She chooses the Discovery Channel and the Turner Classic Movie channel over Disney. She is determined that she is going to be famous and I tell her that I will support her in anything she does in life. As long as she is happy(and safe.) Have I mentioned that I am overly protective and I haven't slept in almost 6 years because I worry so much about my babies. But, ultimately it is all in God's hands so I pass my fears onto Him. While on the subject, Reese is in LOVE with God. She says that He loves her more than anyone in the world because He "made her" and as a mother I have to swallow my human pride and admit that "yes, but mommy is in a close second."

I am eagerly waiting to hear if the "Blue Bear" has yet to make his appearance in Arkansas. The Blue Bear is my son's imaginary friend. I am still not sure if he literally thinks his friend is physically with him, but either way, I run with it and even encourage the made up stories. Ridiculous as they all sound, Grant is expressing his imagination. I have heard countless stories about the Blue Bear. I think my favorite was that the "Blue Bear built his own house in the woods and hangs out with his girlfriend there." My least favorite story is how this imaginary friend supposedly taught Grant how to poop outside.

And then there is Rowan. Oh sweet Rowan. I am not sure why she is such a good child. You hear that "God gives us only what we can handle." and I think that He knew I needed a good natured baby. At this point she is not in the weird category that I have placed the other two in.
She is walking everywhere and I always find myself laughing at her bowed short legs struggling to keep an even pace. Her newest achievements have been saying "thank you" and pointing to everything in which is a very impressive fine motor skill. Although I'd love to keep making beautiful babies, I am 99.9% sure she is our last baby.

As for me, I am almost 29. I know that age is just a number but I am beginning to notice changes in my skin and this has led me to search for the fountain of youth. I wish I could just embrace these laugh lines because I have certainly enjoyed every laugh that put the lines there. I am now applying moisturizer twice daily in hopes of delaying the dreadful word AGING.
I still am uncertain about what I want to be when I grow up. I worked hard to become a real estate broker and I always want to keep my license and will probably be 80 years old in heels selling houses. But, I want more out of life. I want to make a difference on a daily basis in the lives of people I encounter. I want to hold a special needs child, love on them. Or be a councelor for a 16 year old who becomes pregnant, let her cry on my shoulder and educate her how life starts at conception.
But, I still have atleast 1 1/2 years before I will make my first official resume. Can I include "professional ass wiper for 6 years" on there?

This week may be a little boring with freak 1 and freak 2 out of town. But, I will try to entertain my followers (if I get any:)

8 comments:

  1. LOL @ Freak 1 and Freak 2...Kristen you are awesome and you are beautiful inside and out; I have no doubt that you will achieve each and every goal you pursue. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen, you're an excellent writer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up K-Dawg!! I love reading your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Blue Bear story, and I agree you are an excellent writer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait to hear more stories about your kiddos, they always make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt like I was reading a chapter out of a book! You are a fascinating writer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I just noticed the dog taking a crap in the background ~ ONLY YOU!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristen,

    Although we don't know each other well, mainly through FB and our love for Jen, but I wanted to say that I love how brutally honest you are about your life. I love reading your comments about your children, mostly because I have experience so many of the same ones. I am so proud of you for going back to school and knowing that you are doing the right thing not only for yourself but for your kids as well. You know I am a HUGE education suppoorter and I think your kids will be blessed with your degree even if you never go to work with it. Thanks for being such an inspiration to all the moms out there!

    ReplyDelete