My favorite picture from Easter

My favorite picture from Easter
Bunnies aren't the only ones who drop eggs.

Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It's not what happens to you in life, it's how you handle it.

The kids are asleep---and I just had my first Dr Pepper in days---- so, I can't sleep and I have much running through my mind.

The kids and I are moving in with my parents soon. I want this whole process to be a smooth transition for them. Even though I am swallowing my pride and giving up my home and my freedom, I know that this is the best option for the only three certainties I have in life: Reese, Grant jr, and Rowan.

Job hunting without a college degree is definitely not the most confident I have been. After I threw a pity party tonight, I saw a video of an incredible man with no limbs who did not let what most people would call a "disadvantage" limit himself. If this man can achieve all that he has dreamed of, I can too. It's not what happens to you in life, it's how you handle it


During my adventures in search for a job today, I ended up in a building for a property management position that shared the building with a modeling agency. I looked at the door to the management company. Then I looked at the door to the modeling agency. I knew that one door would have led me to quick cash that I could use. And I knew that the other door was going to be a fight to prove myself. Sometimes in life we find that one thing, or person, that is worth the fight.
I smiled at the modeling agency company, held my head up high, and told myself that it's fight time and walked into the property management company.

The end result may not lead to a job offer, but I chose the new path. The path that may not have instant gratification, but rather a lifetime of wise decisions. I closed the door to modeling two years ago. And this new path im on is closing doors and never looking back. With faith and visualizing the "big picture," I can reach the other side of the mountain with my heart, my knowledge, my passion, my drive. Not my looks.

Maybe, just maybe, people will look past my past and allow me put on my boxing gloves and fight for what I want, not what I use to want. And fight for me handling situations better. Afterall, it is never about what happens to you in life.







2 comments:

  1. Kristen
    You go for whatever you feel is right. So what if you decide, later, to change your path. At least you were trying. No one walks in your shoes but you. Mistakes? Who has not made them? They are not mistakes, they are learning opportunities. I am soooo very excited for you. You are finally going to get to live the life you deserve

    ReplyDelete