My favorite picture from Easter

My favorite picture from Easter
Bunnies aren't the only ones who drop eggs.

Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Look past your front door.

As you may know, I put my my all into Seth's benefit. I can honestly sit here and say that I never have been more passionate about anything in my life. I truly wanted to raise money for his mother to give her less of a financial burden. Planning the benefit was not an easy thing. I had a lot of help but ultimately the entire event was based on my decisions. Yes, it was stressful but every time I felt overwhelmed, I'd look at my three healthy babies and thank God. Being Jennifer is stressful, not helping her from the sidelines.

The day of the benefit I was, well....you could say a little frazzled. The day that I had planned for over 2 months had arrived. My three kids were there, of course and I was trying to run the show while making sure my kids were safe. I wont name any names but a particular somebody decided to get completely drunk. Subsequently, I felt a lot of pressure to run the entire benefit's events AND keep an eye on my children.

After the benefit I was eager to count the donations that we had received. Now, here comes the defining moment in my life. I will never forget lying on the ground counting the money after an incredibly tiring two months of anticipation for this very moment. How much money did we raise? I was so very excited yet ultimately had no one to share it with. As I was counting the money I had to endure a lecture on how I should keep 10% of the donations for the work I had done from the drunk. Even writing this makes me want to vomit. After the SUPERWOMAN in me came out, the drunk left, I laid on the floor crying for hours. Obviously I did not make a profit off of my friend's son's benefit. What kind of person does that? A person that just defined a moment in my life.

On another note. I never got to meet Seth. Although, I have read about him and seen pictures for years on Myspace and Facebook. I do know that as a mother I cannot imagine what Jennifer has gone through. I hope I never have to. I know that she misses Seth more than any of us can imagine. Each day I pray for her strength.

The benefit brought me closer to a lot of people and it helped me see that there are incredible people in our community. Sometimes you just have to look past your front door to find them.

2 comments:

  1. You inspire me, never lose sight of your goals and never let a drunk take them away. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this sounds so familiar. Kristen I have been there please let God help you. I look back at my journal from being with my ex who is SO MUCH like your love. In my journal I was putting the kids first in my life, as you are. It seems right, but we forget about someone. We focus so much on the problem that we forget about the creator who knows our hearts more then anyone. Only God knows what your Love Or drunk in this case is going thru and thinking. Pray that he will change his heart. Keep working on bettering you and he has nothing to do but follow. Let God make you happy. Nothing else will work, not crossfit, no cigs, not alcohol, not shopping. TRUST ME I have tried it all. The only High that makes me HIGH is GOD!!! Please let me help. Let GOd help. =)~ Christine

    ReplyDelete